Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Roller Derby Anyone????

          There is nothing like the sound of roller skates crashing and rubbing along the cement floor, along with women getting pushed to the ground with a thump. Although I would love to be a derby girl.... I am not, BUT I am a huge fan of it as my BFF is a derby girl, as is her daughter, and my other BFF is joining the team as well. I live vicariously through them. See I bruise WAY to easily and the closest you will get me to the rink is doing first aid at the bouts, and quite frankly even that terrifies me. A coworker of mine asked if I could do three cards for her for graduations. One of which is the one I am about to show you. Oddly enough, this girl graduated from nursing school BUT she is a derby chick to the CORE so my coworker asked if I could something derbyish for her, how could I resist?


          I tried to come up with something funky and this is what I came up with. Isn't this rad? The image is from Simply B Stamps and is called Roller Derby Wednesday. I used Gina K Kraft card stock and made a 5.5X5.5" card. There was also purple card stock (unknown but from my huge stash). I used MME "Little Black Dress" patterned paper. I hand drew the faux stitching with a black pen. I also heavily distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink. I added some bling in the corners.


          As you can see from this picture and not the one above, I decided to add a diploma I made out of paper. The image was inked with Copic markers. Her skin was done with E000, E00, E11 and R20. Her hair was inked with C3, C5, C7, and C9. Her eyes were done with G21 and G24. Her eye makeup was done with C3, C5, and C7. Her outfit was done with C3, C5, C7, C9, V09, V15 and V17. There is also some Y18 through out the mix. The image was printed on Make It Crafty alcohol blending card and cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals. Hope you enjoy =).

1 comment:

  1. Wooooow NIkki this is sooooooo cute! Loveee it! I like her diploma and your coloring is gorgeous! Great!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)