Friday, March 01, 2013

Such a Pretty Image.......

          So I completed another card today but I am not 100% sure what kind of card or who it is going to be for. The inside is not completed yet but I spent a lot of time on the front of it. I am kind of sad because this will be the last card I do before I go on my holidays {where I won't have access to all me creative stuff}. Well, actually I still have the 3 cards for The Paper Nest to post, one that will be posted for later tonight, so keep you eyes peeled..... it is SUPER cute.....
          I decided to make a card using one of the inked images I had laying around. Normally I pick the paper first and then do the image but this time I inked the image first and tried to match paper to the image.... considering all the paper I have this was pretty easy to do and it turned out awesome, even if I say so myself...... the image I used is from LORi Boyd and her name is Ella, she is available here.
          She was too much fun to colour, in fact, I think I coloured her 3 different ways but this is the one I chose to use for now, the others are pending creative drive =)


          Isn't she adorable? I really did enjoy colouring her. I used Copic markers {of course}! Her skin was coloured with E000, E00, E11 and R20. Her hair was coloured with E13, E15 and E17. Her Skirt and tights were coloured with Y13, Y15, Y17, YG03 and YG25. Her boots and top were coloured with RV21, RV23 and RV25.


          Isn't she bright and beautiful? The 5.5X5.5 card is made by Gina K Kraft coloured card stock. I also used Gina K Black Onyx paper to line the Pebbles "Sunnyside" patterned paper. I sewed each section of patterned paper to the black paper. The flower added is a Prima flower. I really like how this one turned out, now to decide who gets it... ;). xo

1 comment:

  1. WOW Nikki...she is so bright and cheery and fun...perfect for ringing in Spring!! Bravo on a great card! Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)