Monday, February 04, 2013

Some Odd Girl's February Challenge......Woot Woot.....

So it has been a long time since I have taken part in a challenge..... a real long time and I really don't have any excuses but I will chalk it up to laziness....... My mojo is back and well now it is time to start creating some new cards...... so this one is a sketch challenge using Cheers Kaylee from Some Odd Girl..... she is super cute and quite easy to colour. However I made a small error but covered it well with a necklace..... haha!. I think it turned out extremely well considering I went out of lines ever so slightly..... I am a perfectionist and I can't have that nor can I re colour it all again so I drew in my own pearl necklace with a white Uni-ball Signa Gel pen.... (my most favourite thing in the world). Below is a picture of the sketch we were suppose to work with........


And here is the card I completed..... hope you like her, she was lots of fun to colour up....


Oh I {heart} this stamp so much and I can not believe I waited so long to ink her up..... total craziness....

So of course I started with a 5.5"X5.5" square card-back made out of Gina K Kraft coloured card stock {my ultimate favourite}. The patterned paper I used was Echo Park's "Happy Days". The sentiment used is from Scrappy Mom's. I used a Stampin Up scalloped punch. The embellishments {black rubbery thing} I got out of a drawer, I have no clue what it is or where it came from but I {heart} it..... I distressed everything with Tim Holtz distressing tool and inked it with "Walnut Stain". I used Copics to colour Cheers Kaylee..... Skin: E000, E00, E11 AND R20. Hair: E25, E27 and E29. I added toe nail polish in R89. The dress was coloured with BG02, BG05, BG07, YG03, YG23 and YG25, as with the shoes and glasses. I did colour the glass with some C1 and G000 but you can't really see it.....Her eyes were coloured with BG02 and BG05. Hope you love her and please leave comments..... I would love to hear what you have to say..... thanks for stopping by.... xo

3 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I love how you used the sketch! Thanks for joining the SOG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute card..love your take on the sketch challenge... great coloring.. thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, Nikki! Absolutely beautiful coloring, Kaylee looks amazing! So happy you joined us this month at Some Odd Girl!
    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)