Monday, February 04, 2013

My Second Card for the Day.......

So I was on a roll today, literally, I completed a total of 4 cards with a 5th one on the way.... although I can't post that one because I am submitting it to the Designed To Colour magazine and I have to keep it a secret so shhhhhhhhhh. This card I am posting is for my co-worker's birthday. She is actually my mentor who took me under her wings when I first joined my nursing career back in 2005. She is a wonderful, soft spoken lovely lady and it's unfortunate that we do not get to work with each more but our rotations are opposite each other. I adore her, she really is a lovely person and a fabulous nurse...... the kids are really lucky when they get her..... So the stamp I used was Bugs & Kisses from Tiddly Inks. Another stamp that I have had in my arsenal for quite a while..... glad I decided to ink her up, she is adorable....... you can be the judge.....


As with all of my cards I used the Gina K Kraft card stock. The card is 5.5"X5.5" square. The patterned paper is Echo Park "Happy Days". I love the red, black and white combo! It really is classy looking..... I inked Bugs & Kisses with none other than Copic markers.... Skin: E000, E00, E11, and R20. Hair: E25, E27, and E29. The little hedgehog is coloured with E42, E43, E74, E77 and E79. I did the dotting technique to give it a bit of a textured effect. Her little dress and wings are coloured with R39, R46 and R89. Her shoes and headband are coloured with C3, C5, C7, C9 and 110. I added some polka dots to the dress with the Uni-ball Signa White Gel pen. I used Tim Holtz distressing tool and "Walnut Stain" Ink to give it a rustic look. The sentiment is stamped with Scrappy Mom's "Happy Happy Birthday" and embossed with white embossing powder. Oh I forgot the flower, I used Y16, R83 and YG25. Hope you dig it....... till next time xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)