Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Ohhhhh she is so cute.......



So originally when I was thinking about making my co-worker's card I had come up with this really cute card with all these butterflies and such...... well I didn't quite "feel" it...... for some reason when I make a card for someone there is always this "reason" why I choose the card/stamp I do, whether it reminds of the person, or I just get a feeling.... so when I noted this digital stamp in my collection... {yeah that's right, I have so many digital stamps that I have totally forgotten which ones I have bought} I totally thought of Carly.... this stamp IS her..... literally to the coffee cup she is holding... she has the same freckles, the same friendly eyes and I could not resist but make her birthday card out of this..... Carly is a very friendly charismatic girl. She is by far one of my favorite people to work with {although we don't work a ton together because of our schedules} but when I get the opportunity it is so hard not to just {heart} her. Oddly enough {back in the day} when I was a hairdresser, her mom was actually a client of mine and apparently I cut Carly's bangs when she was really little.... I truly ADORE her...... and I hope she {heart's} her card......

The cardback is a 6" grand caliber scalloped circle.... made out of {you guessed it} Gina K Kraft card stock. I have used this MME "So Sophie" patterned paper for a lot of my cards... I {heart} it! I think it is the colour combination of orange and pink...... The digital stamp is CC Designs "Latte Kiki La Rue". I cut her out with the oval spellbinders and then framed it with Stampin Up's "pumpkin" card stock cut out with the Spellbinder's scalloped oval shape. Of course I had to distress everything with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in "Walnut Stain". As far as the colouring goes..... her skin was coloured with Promarkers in Blush, Sunkissed Pink and Baby Pink. Her hair was coloured with Copics in E25, E27 and E29. Her dress and such was coloured with R83, R85, YR16 and YR18. Of course her little coffee cup is coloured with W0, W1 and W3.

She is super sweet just like the receiver of this card....... Hope you enjoy..... please comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)