Sunday, December 16, 2012

It feels like it is going to snow.........

Well I think Winter is officially here. It smells like it is going to snow today but whether it does is another thing. Living on the West Coast always brings you surprises in way of weather, it says it will do one thing and well I would say 75% of the time it does the opposite. I don't mind snow if I do not have to go anywhere. I have a Honda Fit which is not really snow appropriate and here the snow is not your light fluffy stuff, it is the heavy wet gross yucky snow.... and nobody knows how to drive in it.....
I could go on forever about the lack of snow driving skills BUT I want to get to the important stuff....creativity. Now that my Christmas cards are completed I have decided to start on my Birthday/Anniversary cards for the new year. I am going away in March for 3 weeks so I have to make sure all my cards are done until then so everyone gets theres. The one I am posting today is so cute..... I made it for a special girl (my best friend's daughter), although she is not a little girl anymore, she is turning 20. WOW, I remember when she was a baby and we would load her into my car for drives in the middle of the night just to get her asleep because she always feel asleep when we were driving... now she has grown into a beautiful woman.... I seriously love her like she was my own...... Unfortunately I can not remember the name or maker of the stamp I used :( If anybody who sees this remembers please let me know so I can give proper credit...... :) Taylor LOVES purple and what girl doesn't like shoes???? I am not one who uses coloured cardstock for cardbacks but I am trying really hard to venture out of my comfort zone...
I used MOJO Monday's sketch #260 (square) for inspiration.
Copic Markers: BV00, V9, V17 and N9
Diamond Stickles
Purple Cardstock from Stampin Up
Black Polka Dotted Paper - Unkown Source
I also used a white Sigma Uniball gel pen to add dots to the scallop square
Spellbinders: Large square and coordinating scalloped square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)